Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dark Night


I love the other worlds of Jayne Castle/Jayne Ann Krentz et al. As a teenager my first foray into her imagination was Shield's Lady. I then went backwards to Crystal Flame and Sweet Starfire and was thrilled when Zinnia, Amaryllis, and Orchid followed by the Ghost Hunter series were released.

I am not sure if it is because I have been reading so many ebooks or if there is another reason but I had a hard time with Dark Light. It has all the makings of a fantastic read, a dashing and sensitive hero, a pretty, talented, smart and sassy heroine, mystery and drama and of course a dust bunny! But I felt that I could not get into the story. It actually took me three days to finish the book. Which is unheard of in my world.

Even my favorite characters- the dust bunnies- did not interest me as much.

Now I will admit by the time I was 1/3 of the way done (third day) the book became intriguing and I was trying to figure out who the secret bad guy was. I guessed wrong but...

At the end I felt that the book made up some ground. If you like the Ghost Hunters series read the book. If it is your first time entering the world of the Curtain, start with After Dark and work your way up- you will not be disappointed.

No comments: