Monday, August 4, 2008

Vampire Interrupted

I finally read this book. It has been in my TBR pile for quite some time. I did not like it as much as I liked Vampires Are Forever but it was still a nice book.

The story started with two people meeting and one realizing they were destined for each other. Some very nice courting on the part of Julius (inept and bumbling as it was at first endeared him to the reader) The heroine, Marguerite, was sympathetic but not as captivating as I would have thought.

The twist in the book surprised me and I do not want to reveal it here (but you can find it on other review sites) it really shook me up and I had to re-read the paragraph quite a few times before it sunk in. But at the end I really thought it was a nice twist and not something we see in romance novels.

My only complaint in the book, other than it being good but not great, has to do with the editing. At one point the H/H were in a cafe talking and he spoke of a hobby his son has. About 3/4 to the end of the book they have the SAME conversation and the heroine is surprised by the hobby. UMMMM You already know about this lady.

Other than that one editing snafu the book was good. I recommend reading it if you are a fan of the Argeneau family. Enjoy!

No comments: